The Community Habilitation Program provides regularly scheduled one-on-one training and support for a variety of “daily living” skills. This service is provided to the person in his or her home or in a community setting. Services are provided in two- to three-hour increments a few times per week, or on a weekly basis.
Some of the services we provide promote independence in:
- Community integration and safety
- Accessing community resources and transportation
- Social skills and communication
- Money management and budgeting
- Household maintenance
- Personal care
- Healthy living practices
- Child care skills
- Other essential personal or living skills
This service is available to people who have aged out of school, ranging from 18 years of age to senior citizens. He or she must have a diagnosis of an intellectual or developmental disability and be enrolled in Medicaid and be Waiver eligible.