ReHabilitation Center Clinic

The ReHab Center Clinic is located in the SubCon Industries building on North 15th Street in Olean. Services to enhance the social, emotional and physical health of the people we serve are provided by clinicians with experience in the field of developmental disabilities.

Services include:

  • Nutritional assessments and counseling are provided by a registered dietician.
  • Social work counseling for individuals and groups are provided by a licensed clinical social worker.
  • Rehabilitation counseling focusing on work-related outcomes is provided by a rehabilitation counselor.
  • Psychiatric assessments and medication oversight are provided by a psychiatrist.
  • Psychological assessments and testing are provided by a Ph.D.
  • Nursing services related to flu vaccines and tuberculosis testing provided by a registered nurse.

Clinicians are available to assist people working on goals in both the workplace and in personal lives. Clinicians will meet with people at agency sites, including SubCon [Olean and Salamanca sites] as well as our site in Allegany.


In order for a person to be eligible for services through the clinic, her or she must have a developmental disability as per the NYS Mental Hygiene Law and demonstrate a need for the service he or she is seeking. The clinic primarily serves adults, but may be able to make exceptions in specific cases.

Wheelchair Clinic

The Wheelchair Clinic is available to anybody who receives services through the Rehabilitation Center. The Wheelchair Clinic occurs once per month.

The Wheelchair Clinic provides people with the opportunity to discuss their mobility needs with an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, and Durable Medical Equipment vendor, all in one sitting. Working together, you and the team can assess and determine the most appropriate wheelchair and wheelchair accessories best suited for you.

A repair technician is also available for wheelchair repairs and service at this time.

To be seen for a new wheelchair or assessment for other alterations to your chair, it is generally necessary for your physician to provide a script for OT/PT evaluation of mobility needs.

To request repairs or an appointment, contact the Wheelchair Clinic at (716) 375-4747, ext. 636 or 580.  Email requests may be sent to: 

Funding Assistance

Family Support Services

Family Support Services (FSS) is designed to assist families by providing care for their loved ones with developmental disabilities who live full-time in their family home.

Family Reimbursement

Family Reimbursement provides the possibility of reimbursing services and goods that are not funded through any other sources as long as the goods and services have been deemed appropriate to meet the needs of the person being served and related to their disability.


Advocacy may include information and referral services, outreach, parent networking, and service access assistance for individuals and their families. It is possible to make connections with diagnostic, residential, habilitative, educational, vocational, medical and recreational services, and to other programs such as Medicaid SSI.

Counseling, Training and Supports

Counseling, training and educational activities and supports are available for parents, siblings, and caregivers – as well as for individuals with developmental disabilities – through their local DDSO and/or other locally-based programs. These services may be helpful for individuals and families who are looking to gain insight, resolve problems, develop alternate approaches to services and to address other issues of concern.

Individualized Support Services

Individualized Support Services (ISS) provides people who live on their own in the community with assistance for their expenses. ISS allows people to receive a monthly monetary allotment to support their efforts to live independently. The program will also assist a person who has just moved out on his or her own with start-up money which must be used to purchase things needed for his or her new home.


Recipients of these funds must have a documented developmental disability. People enrolled in Medicaid Service Coordination [MSC] can have their service providers offer this proof. To qualify for Individual Support Services a person must show his or her monthly expenses are higher than monthly income. He or she must also account for where the money is being spent.

Contact Information

If you have questions or would like to receive additional information, please contact The Rehabilitation Center at (716) 701-1135, or visit


Environmental Modifications & Adaptive Technology

Environmental Modifications

Environmental modifications are alterations to a person’s home that are necessary to increase or maintain his or her ability to live at home with independence. The modifications address needs related to physical, behavioral, or sensory disabilities, and help to ensure a person’s health, safety, and welfare needs are met. The goal of the modifications is to help the person be as independent as possible.

Adaptive Technology

Adaptive devices are aids, controls, appliances, or supplies of either a communication or adaptive nature. They are necessary to enable the person to increase or maintain his or her ability to live at home or in the community with independence and safety. These adaptive technologies assist the person in the performance of self-care, work, play and leisure as well as with physical exercise. These can include computer adaptations, speech synthesizers, and much more.


To obtain an environmental modification or adaptive technology a person must have a Medicaid Service Coordinator and agree to participate in the Home- and Community-Based Waiver. The request must show in the Individualized Service Plan how the environmental modification will benefit the person’s independence.

To obtain adaptive technology, a person must have a prescription from a physical therapist or occupational therapist stating how the adaptive technology would benefit the person’s ability to live independently. All other funding sources need to be explored to ensure there is no other payment type available to pay for the adaptive technology. The person must agree to participate in the Home- and Community-Based Wavier and the benefits to the adaptive technology must be clearly stated by the Medicaid Service Coordinator in the person’s Individualized Service Plan.

Contact Information

If you have questions or would like to receive additional information, please contact The Rehabilitation Center at (716) 701-1135, or visit


Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Service Coordination

A Service Coordinator assists the participants in the development, implementation and monitoring of all services in the Service Plan. Additionally, the Service Coordinator initiates and oversees the assessment and reassessment of the participant’s level of care and on-going review of the Service Plan, assessments, new and ongoing services.

Governmental Benefits


Guardianship is a legal process utilized when a person cannot make or communicate safe or sound decisions about his/her person and/or property. A “Guardian” takes into account the wishes and desires of the person when making decisions about residence, medical treatments and end-of-life decisions.  The courts will remove only those rights that the proposed individual is incapable of handling.

The ReHabilitation Center may be able to assist families with completing necessary paperwork and familiarize them with the procedures that need to occur in order to obtain legal guardianship of their loved ones.