Mental Health Care Coordination (MHCC) /Home and Community Based (HCBS) Waiver
This family-driven program helps parents / guardians keep their child at home rather than in a psychiatric hospital or residential treatment facility. The program offers six services aimed to improve the ability of the child and family cope with the issues with which he or she struggles most.
Who is eligible?
- A child who experiences continued hospitalizations.
- Is between 5 and 18 years of age.
- Has complex mental health needs.
- Has service and support needs that cannot be met by just one agency or system.
- Is capable of being cared for in the home and/or community if provided access to waiver services.
- Has available a consistent living environment with parents and/or guardians who are able and willing to participate in the program.
Individualized Care Coordination
This service provides the first and ongoing point of engagement for the child and family. It performs the case management functions for the (HCBS) Waiver and oversees delivery of the remaining five services. It ensures on-going partnership with the Waiver child and family as well as ongoing collaboration with treatment providers. Individualized Care Coordination encompasses development and oversight of service plans.
Children’s Health Home – not operational until SEPT. 2016
This is a care management service model whereby all of a child’s caregivers communicate with one another so that all of a child’s needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner. All the services and partners are considered collectively as the “Health Home.”