Communications Intern – Job Description
We are looking for our next Communications Intern! We have been partnering with St. Bonaventure for several years and they have brought us some amazing interns! This is a paid internship. Please see full description below and submit your resume and cover letter to the e-mail provided by Friday, September 15th if interested. Thank you!
JOB TITLE: College Intern – Paid
PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT: Assigned Department
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Agency Communications Specialist
Last Updated: September 2016
Under close supervision, perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty which provide the opportunity for professional training. Willing to perform a wide range of duties as required depending on the needs of employer The focus of the internship experience will be Agency communications and event planning This is a hands on internship opportunity with a goal of making an active contribution to organization needs. Due to the students expected time commitment of 10 hours per week, this position pays a stipend of $12.50/hr.
Minimum Required Formal Education, Training & Background Experience
Have obtained at least Junior status in a Bachelor Degree program with completion of a minimum 48 semester credit hours, OR be enrolled in a graduate degree program.
Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
Able to pass all basic pre-employment screening.
Essential Skills and Abilities
Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as applicable
Ability and willingness to work intermittently or consistently in alternate agency programs/sites as directed
Strong knowledge of basic computer and design applications (i.e. Microsoft office suite, Outlook, WordPress, social media platforms.
Well developed analytical skills
Must be goals focused
Strong verbal and written communication skills, which include strong listening skills.
Office setting (Exposure risk to: general cleaning supplies; blood-borne/air-borne pathogens.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete identified training as needed.
- Assume job responsibilities related to a project or work flow as assigned.
- Function as a member of a team.
- Attendance at all relevant project planning meetings.
- Conduct assigned work in conjunction with a project, analyze data and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Prepare project reports, progress summaries, statistical analysis and related data.
- Generates and maintains records and other reference material necessary for department use.
- Adjust personal schedule so that the 10 hour per week internship time commitment can be fulfilled.
- Fill out and submit weekly time sheets.
- Time sensitive written communications in multiple media formats.
PAID LEAVE TIME ELIGIBILITY:
Please send cover letter and resume to Kathy Maduri, Executive Assistant, by Friday, September 15th: email@example.com